God’s Grace and the Homosexual Next Door: Reaching the Heart of the Gay Men and Women in Your World – $13.99
Alan Chambers is the president of Exodus Internatinal, an organization that helps men and women leave the homosexual lifestyle, through a saving faith in Jesus Christ. Once a gay man himself, he is now a Christian, married, with a son and a daughter.
He makes no effort to justify the lifestyle or deny what the Bible says about it. He does, however, explode several popular secular myths about homosexuality. He also points out a shameful situation that exists in our churches. We send missionaries overseas, but fail to address the mission field in our own community. All too often the gay men and women who do attend church feel unwelcome, and too many times they are met with hostility and protestors. This book is geared toward churches that are willing to minister to homosexuals, and is an important resource for anyone interested in taking the gospel to the homosexual community. Alan Chambers will probably take some heat from both sides over this book, because it’s about a very controversial subject. I will admit I approached it with some reservations and preconcieved opinions, most of which I learned in church. I’m glad I read it and I strongly recommend it to anyone who is interested in ministry in this sadly neglected field.
- ISBN13: 9780736916912
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Author Alan Chambers—a former homosexual himself—and four of his colleagues at Exodus International offer practical and biblical insights on how both individuals and churches can become a haven for homosexuals seeking freedom from same–sex attraction.
In this comprehensive guide to helping homosexuals, readers will learn about:
- The roots of homosexuality
- God’s radical grace for sexual sinners
- Reaching youth both within and outside the church
- Dealing with fear and ignorance in the church
- Leading gays to Christ
- Mentoring homosexuals in the church
- Three degrees of homosexuality: militant, moderate or repentant
- Five things not to do in reaching out to gays
and much more about this often perplexing subject.